‘Heels and Red Lipstick will put the fear of God into people’ Dita von Teese.
Provocative? Evocative? What does red lipstick mean to you? Confident? Sassy? Vintage? Burlesque? Professional? No make-up bag is complete without one (or two, or three). Worn down to the stubby end or shiny shiny new. These are my top 10:
- MAC Lipstick – Russian Red. What is it with Russian women and red lipstick? Available from John Lewis. £15.50
- Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick – Love Bite. Available from charlottetilbury.com – £24
- Bobbi Brown Art Stick – Uber Red. For applying in a taxi perhaps? (Sooooo proud of myself for that one…). Available from Bobbibrown.co.uk. £21.50
- Dior – Trafalgar. Timeless. Dior.com. £27.50
- Topshop – Lips in Hazard. I’m saying one thing only. £8. £8? Seriously good, seriously sexy – this is a beautiful lipstick at a bargain price. Go get it before it sells out. From Topshop. Obvs.
- Lime Crime Velvetines – True Love. I’m channeling Madonna…. From Love-makeup.co.uk. £14.95
- NYX Cosmetics – Monte Carlo. I found this at Selfridges.co.uk. Lovely and soft – feels like a gloss even though its matt. Only £6.
- Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect Lip Lacquer – in Chilli. Double ended lacquer and gloss. 2 for the price of one! £10.75 (and don’t forget your Advantage points!)
- Revlon – Love is On The Revlon website claims that: ‘the product is guaranteed to bring more love into your life or your money back!’. Oh yes! And all for £7.99!
- Burts Bees – Scarlet Soaked. My final choice. 100% natural. Beautifully hydrating. And made by a man called Burt. £9.99. From Burtsbees.co.uk.
I’ve loved writing this post. It followed on from my10best poems, and in turn, it will lead to my next list. From red lipstick to red roses: my10best flowers… and the sites that deliver them. See you soon!